Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Thoughts on the Torture Bill.
I must say that the WaPost revelations don't surprise or anger me. These terrorists gave up there rights when they attacked civilians specifically. The Senate Bill is stupid since it ruins the threat of torture which is much more effective than questioning and hoping. I do think we should have a special exemption from a pro-terrorist torture bill for the CIA banning it from torture. Frankly I don't trust the CIA with dealing with terrorism. However you have to wonder the mentality of a reporter which prompts him to reveal the location of a secret prison. I mean they're secret for a reason. But these are journalists and they should get a Shield Law to protect them from responsibility for stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home